MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world located in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. With a recent investment for Summit Partners, a top-tier Growth Equity firm, we are growing the company and the team!
We are seeking a Security Analyst to monitor, evaluate, and maintain systems and procedures to protect the data systems and databases from unauthorized users. You will be responsible for identifying potential threats and responding to reported security violations. You will play an integral role in determining causes of security breaches and implementing changes to procedures to protect data from future violations. You will participate in recommending, testing, and deploying security software and utilities as well as assist in educating users on security procedures.
This is an amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door with an exciting, growing company that provides unlimited growth opportunities and potential.
What you will be doing:
- Monitor and analyze attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Identify and investigate activities and provide analyses regarding results.
- Administer systems security, SIEM, SysLog, audits, and network access and security operations.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of threat and vulnerability management, identify risk tolerances, recommend treatment plans and communicate information about residual risk.
- Perform penetration tests, identifiy exposure and risks, and recommend appropriate security solutions.
- Provide guidance for protection against detecting and eradicating viruses. Perform investigative work to identify the cause of the infection and execute computer programs to eradicate the virus that was reported.
- Help research, analyze, design, test, and implement new or vendor-supplied security software solutions. Provide up- to-date documentation and procedures on security software product administration.
- Ensure authorized access by investigating improper access; revoking access; reporting violations; monitoring information requests by new programming; recommending improvements.
- Help provide security-consulting services to all departments and project teams requiring representatives from IT.
- Help conduct periodic security audit reviews and risk assessments to ensure continuous adherence to ISO27001 compliance.
- Maintain knowledge of security concepts, identity management, access control mechanisms, policies and procedures.
- Stay current on trends and developments in the security field through training, reading appropriate literature, attending related seminars and conferences and hosting product demonstrations.
What Skills and Experience you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent work experience.
- Network, Security, or Platform certification(s) such as Security+, Network+, MCSP, CNA are a plus
- SIEM Experience specifically Alien Vault a plus
- Experience in Network Security, Firewall Administration, and Information Security policies
- Experience with reviewing raw log files, data correlation, and analysis (i.e. firewall, network flow, IDS, system logs) strongly desired
- Exposure to Active Directory System Administration, Network Protocols, Routers, Hubs, and Switches
- Excellent communications skills, verbal and written
- Self-motivated, driven and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to excel in an ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- To work as part of a team in our brand new office space located in beautiful amenity filled Piedmont Center in the heart of Buckhead.
- Competitive pay, benefits, employee stock options and free parking.
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.