MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. MacStadium is part of an ecosystem where apps and programs are built that are changing the way people live. It’s likely that numerous apps on your iPhone were built or tested in MacStadium’s data centers.
What we need:
We are seeking a Systems Administrator to be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of our back-office and security systems. This is a critical role for our continued success. The systems administrator will seek to ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the systems managed meet the needs of MacStadium, without exceeding business constraints (e.g., budget, time, etc.). The scope of this role includes the administration of all on-premise licensed and Software as a Serive (SaaS) back-office and security systems. This is an amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door with an exciting, growing company that provides unlimited growth opportunities and potential.
The Systems Administrator will interact broadly across the organization and report directly to the Director of Operations.
What you will be doing:
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with systems
- Apply operating system updates, patches, and configuration changes
- Install and configure new hardware and software
- Add, remove, or update user account information, reset passwords, etc.
- Answer technical queries and assist users
- Responsible for documenting the configuration of the system
- Troubleshoot any reported problems
- Perform system tuning
- Configure, add, and delete file systems
- Ensure parity between development, test, and production environments
- Seek to continuously improve of the system administration processes
- Be an integral part of Operations earning the team’s respect and trust—a go-to, first-class member of the team
What Skills and Experience you need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years’ experience in system or application administration
- Computer infrastructure knowledge including prior experience in the industry is required
- Background with the various components commonly found in a data center including: switches, routers, racks, etc. preferred
- Experience working in a global organization supporting diverse businesses and geographies preferred
- Working capabilities in appropriate scripting languages and automation of routine tasks
- Strong grasp of computer security as it relates to authorization and authentication of back-office tooling
- Demonstrable knowledge of Active Directory, Microsoft SharePoint, Microsoft Windows, and Linux
- Background with CyberArk, Kaseya, webRoot, Microsoft Office 365, SharePoint, and Veeam preferred
- Assist in continuously improving effective system administration policies and procedures
- Strong attention to detail and excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
- Self-motivated, driven and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully work on multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to excel in an ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- To work as part of a team in our new office space located in beautiful amenity filled Piedmont Center in the heart of Buckhead.
- Competitive pay, benefits and free parking (some of the last in Buckhead!).
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.
No agencies please.