MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world located in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. MacStadium is part of an ecosystem where apps and programs are built that are changing the way people live. It’s likely that numerous apps on your iPhone were built or tested in MacStadium’s data centers.
We are seeking a Senior Accountant who will have signification participation in MacStadium’s day-to-day fixed asset and procurement activities. The right person for this role will be an organized self-starter with the ability to collaborate with team members, vendors and other third parties. The Senior Accountant will support the initial build-out and continued asset fulfillment of our multiple data center locations, which requires detailed planning and management skills. This position will report to our Accounting Manager and will consist of 50% general accounting and 50% Fixed Assets accounting.
What you will be doing:
- Responsible for balance sheet account reconciliations
- Participate as part of the team with month end close
- Assist with Financial Statement preparation
- Ensure that all AP invoices are entered in a timely manner, accounted for properly and paid on time
- Coordinate with auditors for documentation and information required for year end audit
- MacStadium has made a significant investment in over 11,000 fixed assets and this person must be able to understand, track and report on each one
- Ensure that purchased assets are depreciated according to GAAP requirements
- Assist with month-end close and annual budget process as it relates to fixed assets, leases and purchasing
Property tax reporting
- Fixed assets must be reported in the correct location for proper tracking and tax reporting purposes
- Determine which assets are in-service and out-of-service for property tax reporting
- Liaise with leasing companies and third party tax consultant to ensure property taxes are properly filed
- Coordinate procurement and delivery of various purchases both domestic and international; liaise with leasing companies as needed.
- Maintain minimum stock levels in all data centers so that customer orders can be delivered without supply chain delays
- Arrange complex lease agreements for large purchases and track the delivery and acceptance of those assets
- Coordinate all levels of company purchases, from laptops for new employees to multi-million dollar equipment purchases for data center build-outs
- Establish and enforce purchasing guidelines for employees
- Maintain required audit documentation related to Fixed Assets purchases
- Coordinate with Operations to ensure assets are delivered where they need to be to meet customer deadlines
- Understand requirements to get shipments through customs as efficiently as possible for international shipments
- Ensure that shipping activities are performed in a way that results in the lowest cost possible for the Company
Financial system upkeep
- MacStadium is currently upgrading to NetSuite for billing and financial systems
- Build out the inventory tracking module in NetSuite and maintain its accuracy so that stakeholders can check inventory levels at all times
What skills and experience you need to have:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance; CPA is a plus
- 5 years overall accounting experience; solid US GAAP knowledge
- Strong understanding of fixed asset accounting and capital lease accounting
- Current daily use of mainstream ERP system (NetSuite is a plus); Advanced Excel knowledge
- Experience in accounting software conversions is a plus
- International accounting experience is a plus
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills and excellent team player
- Proven ability to meet day-to-day deadlines while concurrently working on multiple projects
- Ability to break down large sized projects into trackable milestones
- Self-motivated, driven and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in an ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- To work as part of a team in our brand new office space located in beautiful amenity filled Piedmont Center in the heart of Buckhead.
- Competitive pay, benefits, and free parking.
If you are an energetic, self-motivated Senior Accountant that is excited about your contributions shaping our growing company and working with a collaborative team, apply today!
No Third Party Recruiters
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.