MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world located in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more.
We are seeking an experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer to provide core support to the firm’s storage infrastructure and related data systems, to include the configuration, management, support, maintenance, reporting and oversight of the firm storage area network (SAN), network attached storage (NAS) devices, Azure/AWS storage area VPC containers, local storage and other devices within our geographically dispersed WAN. You will also be required to provide oversight and consultation on data loss prevention (DLP) strategies, as well as to be the primary leader of our data remediation, short-term storage, and long-term storage projects. This is an amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door with an exciting, growing company that provides unlimited growth opportunities and potential.
- Manage the daily storage responsibilities of the firm’s infrastructure.
- Serve as primary advisor on storage related areas and providing direct, hands-on support to the firm’s storage equipment on a daily basis
- Provide leadership for the development of operational and strategic direction for storage & backup software and hardware installation and maintenance processes.
- Develop, implement and maintain proactive monitoring and capacity management processes and procedures
- Maintain knowledge of information life-cycle management concepts and best practices; Adhere to strict change control processes
- Develop and maintain technical documentation at a Technical Writer competency level
- Monitor, diagnose, and resolve problems and perform analysis in relation to storage in the integrated IT environment and software
- Measure capacity and performance trends & maintain a long-term capacity plan
- Provide systems metrics, root cause analysis and proactive monitoring and communicate any performance degradation to management
- Apply software upgrades, security patches and planned maintenance of the enterprise storage and backup environment
- Work closely with Server Administration, Network, Messaging and Security Teams to ensure optimum efficiency of the environment
- Provide other consulting and technical services as necessary for the successful completion of projects
- Mentor junior team members on processes and procedures
- Perform storage/server/database transaction and security audits leading to identification and mitigation of security threats to enterprise data; Recommend and implement changes where necessary
- Analyze infrastructure conflicts and proceed through resolution
- Examine where additional security can be implemented, enhanced or better options can be chosen
- Provide outstanding customer support as an internal resource and service area leader
- Participate as needed in monthly maintenance windows and other downtime related events
- Provide “on call” support as needed to troubleshoot escalated issues quickly (to include potential evening hours and weekends)
Preferred experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree; Computer Science, Management Information Systems or Engineering/Science preferred
- 5+ years’ experience as a Storage Backup architect/administrator within a medium or large, enterprise environment
- 10+ years’ experience with Microsoft environments including common suites and core applications, Active Directory, file/folder permission and DFS
- Microsoft MCSE and/or ITIL Foundation certification preferred
- Extensive experience with virtualization technology, preferably VMware vSphere, KVM
- Extensive experience with Microsoft SQL Server
- Ability to automate tasks and document them for others to use
- Direct experience providing support on NetApp, Pure, DataCore and various storage devices
- A “security-first” mindset, which constantly evaluates the security impact of every action or decision
- Ability to effectively multi-task independently is required, as well as exceptional time management & organizational skills
- Outstanding communication, project & priority management, and collaboration skills
- Positive attitude, team player, good interpersonal communication skills and able to work across company departments
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds
- Must be available to participate in the on-call rotation providing customers with 24/7/365 coverage
- Ability to excel in an ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- To work as part of a team in our brand new office space located in beautiful amenity filled Piedmont Center in the heart of Buckhead.
- Competitive pay, benefits and free parking
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.
No agencies please.