MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. MacStadium is part of an ecosystem where apps and programs are built that are changing the way people live. It’s likely that numerous apps on your iPhone were built or tested in MacStadium’s data centers.
We are currently seeking a DevOps Content Manager to write and produce various types of content to support marketing efforts and help customers use our solution. A strong technical background is necessary given the technical nature of our product and customer base. The DevOps Content Manager will help ensure communication with customers is clear, consistent and of the highest quality. Previous experience documenting software, networking, communications protocols, virtual environments and/or another similar technology is required. If you’ve ever written code or installed Linux on a computer, that’s a big plus! This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and will work out of the Atlanta headquarters office at Piedmont Center in Buckhead.
What you will be doing:
- Write relevant content on iOS/macOS DevOps best practices (based on research, other thought leaders’ remarks, and interviews with customers and engineers)
- Write manuals and “how to” guides to help teams adopt best practices (including, but not limited to MacStadium products)
- Produce thorough, clear documentation to help MacStadium customers use our systems and assist prospects in evaluating MacStadium (working with product and engineering)
- Lead primary research (e.g., surveys, interviews, case studies) to map and comment on the state of Mobile DevOps and share interesting stories that are uncovered
- Collaborate with Marketing to shape above content to different form factors (eBooks, whitepapers, infographics, articles, blog posts, webinars, talks, etc.) to fit into various content use cases
- Create a strategic process to identify the most valuable content to produce based on company goals in conjunction with marketing, sales, engineering, product, support, etc.
- Track the success of produced content to guide future efforts (as well as helping to define the best way to measure that success)
- Review content provided by other contributors and edit other writers’ content before publication
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies, processes and solutions in iOS/macOS development, continuous integration, DevOps and other relevant topics in order to create content that is appealing to MacStadium’s audience
What skills and experience you need to have:
- 5+ years of content creation and/or technical writing experience
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in mobile software development, iOS/macOS development, DevOps, cloud computing, data center management or a similar field
- Knowledge about the software development life cycle
- Experience communicating to a technical/software developer audience
- Familiar with developer-centric documentation, FAQs, and technical guides
- Strong desire to understand and bring clarity to users by describing complex systems, tasks and concepts
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts
- Ability to operate independently and solve problems quickly
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- A strong team player who can work across architecture, engineering and product teams
- Startup experience a plus (i.e., working in fast-paced, high growth environments)
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, content management systems and similar tools are a plus
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- To work as part of a team in our brand new office space located in beautiful amenity filled Piedmont Center in the heart of Buckhead.
- Competitive pay, benefits and free parking (some of the last in Buckhead!).
If you are an entrepreneurial-minded individual that is excited about your contributions shaping our growing company and working with a collaborative team, apply today!
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire. No agency's please.