MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. MacStadium is part of an ecosystem where apps and programs are built that are changing the way people live. It’s likely that numerous apps on your iPhone were built or tested in MacStadium’s data centers.
We are seeking an experienced IT Operations Manager to be based out of our Las Vegas data center location. You will oversee the day-to-day site operations and ensure that work is done safely, on time, on budget, and to the right quality standards. You will act as the first point of contact regarding local site operations and oversee the site staff. This is an amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door with an exciting, growing company that provides unlimited growth opportunities and potential.
The IT Operations Manager ensures the site is prepared to meet the demands of the market by keeping appropriate inventories of data center components; anticipating customer needs; S/he will monitor appropriate ticket queues making sure progress is being made, oversee delivery of materials, and sort out any problems which could hold up work. This role is also responsible for ensuring that work complies with all applicable corporate and departmental policies, frameworks, and standards. Finally, this role should be able to roll up her/his sleeves and assist in the provisioning of infrastructure and responding to customer tickets.
What you will be doing:
- Provide hands-on management and lead a customer centric support and infrastructure team for a leading global service provider with Fortune 100 clients
- Gather necessary information to advance the case to higher-skilled support personnel and/or triages infrastructure problems to Engineering
- Author knowledge base content, utilizing Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) methodologies, to just-in-time publish or edit existing knowledge base solutions
- Capture case trend data, through use of incident categorization fields, that help inform root cause of cost drivers (e.g., volume, issue complexity, customer training needs, etc.)
- Report service incidents or service requests to internal infrastructure groups, acting as the customer-facing liaison for all service-related needs
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of case notes, regular customer follow-up on open incidents, and quick resolution of reported incidents within customer expectations
- Deployment of Servers into Data Center environment - physically remove/install servers as part of customer issue resolution and new build
- Assist in volume, mass deployment server host images per customer requirements
- Assist with physical data center infrastructure build-out such as rack-n-stack assembly and installation; low voltage Cat5/Cat6/fiber cable installation; infrastructure testing, labeling, and documenting
What Skills and Experience you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 7 - 10 years experience in data center Site Management, customer support, and/or applicable industries.
- IT Certifications such as CCNA, MCSE, MCT, Comp TIA, Server +, etc. are preferred
- Working understanding of Layer 1 network infrastructure (cabling, switch ports, optics, etc.), TCP/IP, Layer 2 switching, and Layer 3 routing
- Fluency in various Operating Systems (Linux/OSX a big plus!)
- General Network Configuration (IPv4 Addressing, Subnet, Gateways, DNS) and OSX Operating System Configuration
- Experience with Hardware upgrades and troubleshooting (RAM, Hard Drive, SSD)
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills, and excellent team player
- Excellent customer focus and customer service skills
- Self-motivated, driven and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in an ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to perform physical tasks associated with the position such as moving/lifting hardware
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and creative team at our state of the art Data Center in Las Vegas.
- Competitive pay, benefits, and free parking.
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.