MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world located in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. With a recent investment for Summit Partners, a top-tier Growth Equity firm, we are growing the company and the team!
We are seeking a Customer Support Technician to add to our growing Data Center team in Atlanta. This position would be 12 noon to 8:00pm Wednesday through Friday and 8am to 4:00pm Saturday and Sunday. You will be responsible for providing our customers with the best quality of support via ticket, chat, or telephone. You will work with customers to troubleshoot in order to isolate, identify, and resolve issues. This is an amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door with an exciting, growing company that provides unlimited growth opportunities and potential.
What you will be doing:
- Communicate effectively concerning general pre-sales service inquiries
- General Network Configuration (IPv4 Addressing, Subnet, Gateways, DNS)
- General and advanced OSX Operating System Configuration
- Hardware upgrades and troubleshooting (RAM, Hard Drive, SSD)
- Layer 1 Network infrastructure (cabling, switch ports, optics, etc.)
- Deployment of Servers into Data Center environment - physically remove/install servers as part of customer issue resolution and new build
- Assist in volume, mass deployment server host images per customer requirements
- Assist with physical Data Center infrastructure build-out such as Rack/Stack assembly and installation; Low voltage Cat5/Cat6/Fiber cable installation; Infrastructure testing, labeling, documentation
What skills and experience you need to have:
- 2+ years of operational and technical experience in an IT environment
- IT Certifications such as CCNA, MCSE, MCT, Comp TIA, Server +, etc. are preferred
- Working understanding of TCP/IP, Layer 2 switching, and Layer 3 routing
- Fluency in various Operating Systems (Linux/OSX a big plus!)
- Ability to perform physical tasks associated with the position such as moving/lifting hardware
- Effective communicator, strong interpersonal skills and excellent team player
- Excellent customer focus and customer service skills
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
- Self-motivated, driven and strong problem solving skills
- Ability to excel in an ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and creative team at our state of the art Data Center in Midtown Atlanta.
- Competitive pay, benefits, employee stock options and free parking.
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.