MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. MacStadium is part of an ecosystem where apps and programs are built that are changing the way people live. It’s likely that numerous apps on your iPhone were built or tested in MacStadium’s data centers.
We are currently seeking a iOS DevOps Community Manager to work with our customers, prospects, and the software development community at large to tout MacStadium, drive leads, and help a MacStadium community form. A strong technical background is necessary given the technical nature of our product and customer base. This role holds an important position at the top of the sales funnel. Previous experience in software development, DevOps, and/or another similar technology is required. If you’ve ever written code or installed Linux on a computer, that’s a big plus! This position will report directly to the Director of Marketing and will work out of the Atlanta headquarters office at Piedmont Center in Buckhead.
What you will be doing:
- Stay active in social channels (twitter, public/company slacks, reddits, message boards, forums, blog comments etc.)
- Maintain a clear, consistent tone across many channels while providing DevOps community members access to the right information from the MacStadium team and one another
- Monitor and actively respond in our user forum (discuss.macstadium.com)
- Keep up-to-date with and maintain relationships with relevant thought leaders/bloggers and ensure MacStadium is part of the conversation
- Create a strategic process to identify the most valuable ways to engage the DevOps community based on company goals in conjunction with marketing, sales, engineering, product, support, etc.
- Track the success of community management activities to guide future efforts (as well as helping to define the best way to measure that success)
- Stay abreast of the latest technologies, processes and solutions in iOS/macOS development, continuous integration, DevOps and other relevant topics in order to stay current with MacStadium’s audience
- Communicate insights and lessons-learned to the rest of the MacStadium organization to be included in marketing content, product strategy, sales conversations, etc.
What skills and experience you need to have:
- 2+ years of experience participating in developer-based communities
- 3+ years of relevant industry experience in mobile software development, iOS/macOS development, DevOps, cloud computing, data center management or a similar field
- Strong knowledge of the software development life cycle
- Experience communicating to a technical/software developer audience
- Strong desire to bring together a group around complex technical challenges
- Startup experience a plus (i.e., working in fast-paced, high growth environments)
- Ability to operate independently and solve problems quickly
- Excellent project management and organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Ability to quickly learn new concepts
- Experience with twitter, hootsuite, slack, quroa, and forum tools a plus
- A strong team player who can work across architecture, engineering and product teams
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- To work as part of a team in our brand new office space located in beautiful amenity filled Piedmont Center in the heart of Buckhead.
- Competitive pay, benefits and free parking (some of the last in Buckhead!).
If you are an entrepreneurial-minded individual that is excited about your contributions shaping our growing company and working with a collaborative team, apply today!
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire. No agency's please.