MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. MacStadium is part of an ecosystem where apps and programs are built that are changing the way people live. It’s likely that numerous apps on your iPhone were built or tested in MacStadium’s data centers.
We are seeking a Senior Director of Engineering that will provide strategic and technical leadership in the development and implementation of infrastructure engineering best practices and in the planning, design, and testing of product and technology development. You will be the company’s technical leader in assessment, selection, onboarding, and management of the company’s technical staff, as well as curating and growing an effective, scalable management team to deliver the MacStadium Infrastructure as a Service product and service offerings in an agile environment. The ideal candidate will be able to develop efficient strategies and direct the Engineering organization to deploy solutions to assist with network growth and address needs before they arise.
The position is This role will be based in our Atlanta, GA office and report directly to the Senior Vice President of Operations.
What you will be doing:
- Partner with and manage fellow engineers to design and deploy optimal solutions to service MacStadium customers
- Collaborate across the organization to influence design direction and shape solution delivery to promote uptime and reliability and help to differentiate MacStadium in the market place
- Troubleshoot IaaS issues as well as customer specific issues as appropriate
- Stay abreast of industry trends and current and emerging technologies that could benefit MacStadium and its customers
- Assist in the maintenance of the infrastructure and customer environments to further the growth and stability of the MacStadium offerings
- Work with data center managers and other engineers to ensure the best possible experience for our customers
- Assist Sales in responding to customers' design needs
- Help to mentor, develop, and grow next generation engineers
- Build a performance driven Engineering team, setting the tone through strategic planning and clear, effective communication of initiatives, objectives, issues, and performance including developing and implementing organizational metrics to drive results and positive behavior
- Collaborate with Product Management in the planning, analysis, design, development, and testing of new and enhanced IaaS products and services
- Partner with the other business units to deliver customer solutions through new products, ongoing product enhancements, and custom solutions while embracing agility, requiring collaboration, prioritizing value, and resolving risk early
- Collaborate with the SVP Operations and other executive management to develop a strategic and innovative development roadmap designed to both anticipate and exceed the technology needs of a rapidly expanding customer base
- Demonstrate the value placed on continued training and education through the implementation of a best practices engineering methodology
- Function in a strategic capacity while enforcing tactical team performance
- Collaborate and build trusted relationships with senior management
- Drive a strong customer service mind-set within the Engineering team, demonstrating strong service leadership
- Perform and assume other duties and responsibilities as required by the SVP Operations
What Skills and Experience you need to have:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related technical field (or equivalent)
- Minimum 10 years’ experience leading an engineering organization at a strong technology-focused company with products/solutions deployed in enterprise platform environments
- Familiar with cutting edge industry trends and thorough understanding of Agile development methodologies and standards
- A track record of building and leading empowered engineering teams by creating loyalty, trust, and commitment to organizational goals
- Strong consulting skills. Proven ability to partner with senior business leaders to understand needs and deliver solutions that meet expectations
- Broad expertise in digital, cloud-based environments and complex network topologies
- Experience with various OSes (macOS, Linus, & ESXi), storage arrays (NetApp, Pure), switch / BGP routing / firewall infrastructure (Cisco ASA, Cisco Nexus), and core network architecture (Campus, Spine-Leaf)
- Proven ability to successfully grow, lead, and mentor geographically-dispersed engineering teams in a fast-paced, growing environment
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, discretion, and timeliness in decision making
- Proven ability to build and maintain strong, productive working relationships with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Proven ability to build high functioning, creative, execution oriented teams
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to excel in an ever-changing, entrepreneurial environment
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and creative team at our state of the art Data Center in Midtown Atlanta.
- Competitive pay, benefits and free parking.
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.