MacStadium is the leading managed Mac hosting solution in the world and is headquartered in Atlanta, GA. We offer the only enterprise-class hosting solution for Apple Mac computers, providing critical infrastructure for iOS and macOS developers at leading tech companies, big enterprises, and more. MacStadium is part of an ecosystem where apps and programs are built that are changing the way people live. It’s likely that numerous apps on your iPhone were built or tested in MacStadium’s data centers.
What we need:
Working with MacStadium’s Site Managers, the Data Center Engineer will be responsible for all aspects of our co-located data center environments including, but not limited to the design, implementation and operation. This role with be responsible for enabling the data center capability to the requirements of the business. The role will provide effective management of the data centers and will oversee detailed planning, design of network cabling, power delivery, and cooling. Additional responsibilities include configuration, deployment and maintenance on VMWare Private Cloud Infrastructure. Coordination of multiple vendors is required to provide the effective support of the data center. This position will report to the Senior Director of Engineering.
What you will be doing:
- Plan and maintain complex IT data center infrastructures in alignment with data center best practices
- Responsible for capacity management of floor space, rack space, power availability, and cooling
- Responsible for keeping the data center clean and organized
- Consult with internal and external partners on execution on data center best practices
- Maintain project schedules while ensuring adherence to budget
- Responsible for proactively and efficiently managing the data center floor space, power and HVAC to ensure optimal performance of MacStadium’s IT infrastructure
- Liaise with vendors for services and data center Infrastructure components (e.g., racks, PDU’s, hosting facilities, etc.)
- Recommend and implement improvements for preventive maintenance on an on-going basis
- Maintain and update relevant system and process documentation and develop ad-hoc reporting as needed
- Responsible for setting data center standards and coordinate data center policies for multiple sites
- Responsible to build racks, and rack and un-rack compute, storage, and network equipment
- Configure, deploy, and maintain private cloud infrastructure. VMware ESXi, vSphere 5.x and 6.x, hardware – Apple Mac and HP Blade Servers
- Responsible to respond to Tier 2 customer support issues via ticket, chat, or phone
- Liaise with Customer Support Technicians (CSTs) and Engineering to provide data center support for projects and customer support as needed
What Skills and Experience you need to have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems preferred
- Strong overall IT work experience is required
- Must have the ability to communicate, motivate, and organize projects, frequently under deadline pressure
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers, vendors, peers, warehouse, and customers
- Unquestionable integrity. Maturity, credibility, confidence. Always do the right thing, and on time.
- Fluency in Internet networking subject matter TCP/IP, Layer 2, Layer 3, Firewalls, etc.
- Fluency in various Operating Systems including OSX, Windows, Linux
- Must have knowledge of electrical codes and power best practices associated with data center operations
- This position requires the ability to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or seated) all of the time
- The person in this position must be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) heavy objects
- This position operates machinery and/or equipment that requires the constant use of hands/fingers/wrists
- This position requires the ability to view computer monitors for long periods of time as well as the ability to identify and distinguish between colors
What you will get:
- The opportunity to work with an early stage company that has proven to be the leader in Mac hosting solutions with people that are excited to come to work every day.
- The opportunity to work with an innovative and creative team at our state of the art Data Center in Downtown Atlanta.
- Competitive pay, benefits, and free parking.
MacStadium has a defined Information Security Policy and all employees are required to adhere to this policy and sign an acknowledgment and receipt of this policy upon hire.
All offers of employment are conditioned upon successful completion of a background screening process and all employees must comply with the immigration rules and laws in the jurisdiction in which he/she will provide MacStadium services.
No agencies please.